HOPE61 Human Trafficking Prevention
HOPE61 Training 2018
Monday, April 16th – Wednesday, April 18th
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily
Heritage Learning Center, EMC International Headquarters
6838 South Gray Road
Indianapolis, IN 46237
What Is HOPE61?
HOPE61, a ministry of OMS, fights human trafficking through prevention. Inspired by Isaiah 61:1, “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound,” HOPE61 exists to train and mobilize the worldwide church, in particular the large network of OMS-related national churches, to address the issues of human trafficking and human vulnerabilities to become victims, traffickers, and buyers.
Four key trafficking areas:
- Sex Trafficking
- Labor trafficking
- Child Soldiering
- Organ Trafficking
HOPE61’s method consists of two types of training: Engage and Multiply.
The one-day Engage training equips pastors, lay leaders, and missionaries to create outreach programs within their churches to prevent human trafficking in their communities.
This training focuses on five components:
- Education and awareness — HOPE61 explains in detail the four types of trafficking.
- Why the church should be involved – HOPE61 discusses holistic ministry and walks attendees through Scripture verses that address the church and community.
- Asset and ability mapping – HOPE61 helps attendees determine what gifts and skills their church possesses to reduce vulnerability.
- Assessment of vulnerability – HOPE61 examines with attendees what specific vulnerabilities those in their community may be facing.
- Creating an action plan – Attendees determine their next steps to actively address vulnerabilities in their communities using their skills and resources.
In the Multiply training, attendees dig deeper into the material learned in Engage and are equipped to teach the information to others. They can then conduct further HOPE61 trainings for pastors, lay leaders, and missionaries, multiplying HOPE61’s reach through national coworkers.
Since the focus is on training, the HOPE61 approach is highly reproducible and sustainable.
Costs (Per Person):
$50 – Includes class materials, lunch and snacks daily, and an evening picnic on Monday. (Dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday on your own.)
$80 – Lodging on OMS Campus ($20 per person, per night. Individual bedrooms, common living area.)
Total – $130 includes provided OMS lodging. $50 without OMS lodging.
Registration Information Packet: Click Here
Registration: Click Here
Pay online at https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift/gift.php?giftid=08F222E4729846B
Or send a check to: EMCHQ, 6838 South Gray Road, Indianapolis, IN 46237
Designate “HOPE61 Training”